JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy sworn-in as the chief minister of Karnataka along with his deputy G Parameshwara, the Karnataka Congress chief.
Kumaraswamy called the ceremony “historic” as it saw so many leaders coming together.
‘ Leaders who came from all over country wanted to give a message to the nation that we are one & in 2019 there will be a major change in political situation, they were not here to protect this govt, this govt will be protected by local Congress leaders & our leaders’, Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy said while addressing the media.
Kumaraswamy was greeted on stage by a number of leaders who, in a show off opposition unity, take part in the swearing-in ceremony.
Here is the list:
1. Indian National Congress – Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi
2. Janata Dal (Secular) – H. D. Deve Gowda
3. Bahujan Samaj Party- Mayawati
4. Rashtriya Janata Dal – Tejashwi Yadav
5. Samajwadi Party – Akhilesh Yadav)
6. Nationalist Congress Party – Sharad Govindrao Pawar
7. Nationalist Trinamool Congress – West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
8. Aam Admi Party – Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
9. Telugu Desam Party – Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu
10. CPI(M) – Sitaram Yechury and Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
11. Rashtriya Lok Dal – Ajit Sing
12. Makkal Needhi Maiam – Kamal Hassan
13.Janata Dal (United) – Sharad Yadav
14.CPI – D Raja
15.Indian Union Muslim League – PK Kunhalikutty
DMK working president MK Stalin on Tuesday said that he would be unable to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy in Bengaluru due to the violence in Tuticorin that killed at least 11 people.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao met Kumaraswamy on Tuesday and expressed regret that he would not attend the swearing-in ceremony. Experts feel that it is due to the JD(S)’s alliance with the Congress.
The BJP did not attend the swearing-in at Bengaluru’s Vidhan Soudha as its leaders observed a protest day