The Rashtriya Janata Party(RJD) released its manifesto for the Bihar assembly elections on Saturday.
The manifesto includes Grand Alliance’s chief ministerial candidate Tejashwi Yadav’s promise of one million jobs and equal pay for equal work among other things.
“I am promising 10 lakh jobs. I could have also promised one crore jobs just for the sake of promise. But I am not doing that because this will become a reality in the first meeting of the Cabinet. This will be the first time in the country that 10 lakh employment opportunities will be created at one go. This figure is what we require in the state’s workforce at present,” Tejashwi Yadav told media.
“The Bihar government can easily provide 4 lakh jobs… The state has a budget of ₹ 2.13 lakh crore of which only 60 per cent has been spent. Nitish Kumar has not been able to spend the remaining 40 per cent, which is ₹ 80,000 crore,” Yadav hit out at the Nitish government.
Yadav also added that his party wants to make Bihar better.
“For this we have to compete with the national employment average… This is not a manifesto. This is our promise for change. It is a vow. We will make it a reality… I repeat, Nitish Kumar is not being able to manage Bihar. He is tired,” said the state’s opposition leader.
RJD manifesto promised an unemployment allowance of Rs 1,500.
All the villages in Bihar will be turned into smart villages, if the RJD is elected to power, reads the manifesto.
RID said it will introduce a new industrial policy and promised a tax waiver scheme for new industries setting up in Bihar.
Pension for poor and old age will be increased from 400/- per month to 1000/-per month, manifesto said.
RJD’s elections manifesto also promised a medical college and hospital in every district, recruiting contractual teachers, Urdu teachers and installation of CCTV cameras in villages.