Indian Union Muslim League in Kerala, the second-largest UDF ally announced its candidates for 25 seats for the upcoming state assembly elections.
For the first time after 1996, a woman candidate has been included in the candidate list. Party senior leader and lawyer Noorbina Rasheed will contest the polls from Kozhikode South constituency. In 1996, League candidate Kamarunnisa Anwar contested from Kozhikode-II and lost to CPIM’s Elamaram Kareem by 8,766 votes.
Muslim League leader and former Rajya Sabaha member M P Abdussamad Samadani is the UDF candidate for Malappuram Lok Sabha bypolls.
Former minister M K Muneer will switch from Kozhikode South seat to Koduvalli while Youth League leader P K Firoz has been fielded in Tanur.
Candidates in Perambra and Chadayamangalam will be declared.
The Muslim League has a consistent vote share of 7 to 8 per cent in the state with 18 members in the assembly.
- Manjeswaram – MKM Ashraf
- Kasaragod – N A Nellikkunnu
- Azhikode – K M Shaji
- Koothuparamba – Pottankandi Abdulla
- Kuttiady – Parakkal Abdulla
- Kozhikode South – Noorbina Rasheed
- Kunnamangalam – Dinesh Perumanna
- Koduvalli – M K Muneer
- Thiruvambadi – CP Cheriya Muhammed
- Kondotty – T V Ibrahim
- Eranad – P K Basheer
- Manjeri – UA Latheef
- Perinthalmanna – Najeeb Kanthapuram
- Mankada – Manjalamkuzhi Ali
- Malappuram – P Ubaidulla
- Vengara – PK Kunhalikutty
- Vallikkunnu – Anbdul Hameed Master
- Thirurangadi – KPA Majeed
- Tanur – PK Firoz
- Tirur – Kurukkoli Moideen
- Kottakkal – Abid Hussain Thangal
- Mannarkkad – N Shamsuddin
- Guruvayur – KNA Khader
- Kalamassery – VE Abdul Gafoor
- Kongad – UC Raman