Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Four Adivasi children die in UP after consuming toffee

Four children died in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday morning after consuming toxic toffee. The fatal incident occured outside the homes of kids in a village in Kushinagar district of UP.

The deceased children—all below the age of seven— belong to the Scheduled Tribe.

The family of the children alleges that ambulance failed to reach despite persistent calls and they were forced to carry the children to the hospital on a two- wheeler.

Kushinagar additional SP Ritesh Kumar Singh said they have been told the children died at Sinsai village after eating the toffees and police are collecting more information. The police have seized the toffee wrappers for examination and locals are being questioned, added Singh.

5 yr old Manjana, 3yr old Sweety and 2yr old Samar (from the same family) and 5yr old Arun, who lived next door were the victims of the poison-laced toffee.

“Prima facie it appears that toffees were found at the doorstep of the deceased children in the morning consuming which they fainted and later when parents of the children noticed them rushed to the hospital where they were declared dead upon arrival,” said Sachindra Patel, superintendent of police, Kushinagar.

A team of food safety and drug administration team is conducting a probe along with forensic teams in the incident,” said Patel.


Don't Miss

Related Articles