Thursday, April 18, 2024

16-year-old Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in Nablus

Israeli forces have shot dead a Palestinian boy during a raid on the northern occupied West Bank city of Nablus, said Palestinian Ministry of Health.

Sixteen-year-old Amer Abu Zaytoon was shot in the head on Thursday morning.

Zaytoon’s death comes after another Palestinian boy, 15-year-old Adam Ayyad, was killed by Israeli forces on Tuesday.

Zaytoon is the fourth Palestinian to be killed by Israeli forces in the West Bank this year, after more than 170 were killed last year in the territory, as well as occupied East Jerusalem.

Zaytoon was shot dead while he was walking in the camp and came upon the Israeli special forces, according to the Nablus-based journalist Bakr Abdelhaq.

At least two other Palestinians were wounded after being hit with live ammunition during the raid, and two were arrested.

The United Nations said 2022 was the deadliest year for Palestinians in the occupied West Bank since 2006.

More than 30 children were among the killed last year, and at least 9,000 other Palestinians were injured.

spot_img

Don't Miss

Related Articles