The government media office in Gaza on Saturday said that the Israeli army has exhumed 1,100 graves in Tuffah cemetery, east of Gaza, and “stole” 150 bodies.
Videos of buried bodies being dug out by Israel were shared by Palestinians in Gaza.
The office added in a statement that this is not the first time that Israeli forces have committed such an act and pointed to the delivery of 80 bodies last month that it had taken from the Gaza City and northern Gaza areas, Al Jazeera reported.
Meanwhile, Israel attacks in Gaza have killed 122 Palestinians and injured a further 256 in the past 24 hours, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry. This brings the total Palestinian death toll since October 7 to 22,722, with 58,166 injured, the ministry said.
A further 7,000 Palestinians are still missing.
On 5 January, the Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, stated that “the humanitarian community has been left with the impossible mission of supporting more than 2 million people, even as its own staff are being killed and displaced, as communication blackouts continue, as roads are damaged and convoys are shot at, and as commercial supplies vital to survival are almost non-existent… medical facilities are under relentless attacks while they are overwhelmed with trauma cases, critically short of all supplies and inundated by desperate people seeking safety.”