A survivor of the Israeli air attack on the Maghazi refugee camp, which killed more than 70 people, has described the bombardment as “the complete and real extermination of a residential square.”
“There are a lot of families who used to live here in the residential block and there are displaced people from other areas, yet this place witnessed what humans could not bear and we continue to search under the rubble with our hands because there is no equipment,” Abu al-Eis said to Al Jazeera.
Eis added that many had been displaced from Madinat az-Zahra to the Maghazi camp due to Israeli bombardment, only for them to witness a “massacre” now.
Baraa, a child who also survived the attack, said: “Our house was bombed while I was sitting on its rubble, I heard the sound of the explosion boom, and I was with my father.”
At least 70 Palestinians have been killed in an air attack on the Maghazi refugee camp, which a Palestinian Health Ministry spokesperson describes as a “massacre.”
More than 20,400 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks since October 7.