Aryan trapped because SRK ‘spoke’: NCP minister alleges attempts at silencing him

Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik on Sunday said attempts were being made to silence him after he raised allegations against Narcotic Control Bureau and its Mumbai zone director Sameer Wankhede, Bharatiya Janata Party and the Union government in connection with the cruise drug case.

Malik has been critical of the October 2 Mumbai drug bust operation, in which the NCB arrested Aryan Khan, the son of Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.

The NCB also arrested others, including Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha, in a late-night raid on a Goa-bound cruise ship off the Mumbai coast.

Aryan Khan was released on bail from Arthur Road jail on Saturday.

According to the NCP leader, the case is a “BJP conspiracy” executed through NCB officer “Wankhede to defame Maharashtra government, its people and Bollywood.”

“When I started (raising allegations against the NCB chief), people I know told me to stop. They said that Shah Rukh Khan had been told that his son was trapped because he spoke. My lawyer son was also getting brainwashed by other lawyers, and he’s also telling me to stop,” the minister said.

Malik went on to say: “Some people said that matters relating to drugs involve money, goons, and I could lose my life. Attempts were made to silence me. But I had said that we would take this to a logical end. If someone says they will kill Nawab Malik, then I’ll die the day I have to.”

“I stand by my statement that he’s (Wankhede) on his job by forging a Scheduled Caste certificate. He snatched away a poor SC man’s rights. Fight against fraud, not religion/caste. I urge Arun Haldar (vice-chairman of National Commission for SC) to maintain his post’s dignity,” the news agency quoted Malik as saying.

On Friday, a day after the Bombay High Court granted Aryan bail, Malik said the BJP conspiracy started when the Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput died by suicide last year. The NCB had arrested the late actor’s girlfriend, actor Rhea Chakravarty.

“They are trying to defame our Bollywood and take it out of Mumbai to shift it to Uttar Pradesh,” Malik said, referring to the UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s planning a film city in his state.

Malik also said he would be making more revelations about the case and the link of BJP leaders in the upcoming Maharashtra Legislative Assembly’s winter session.

“I am going to expose some BJP leaders and their connections with Wankhede in the session starting from December 7. It will be a stormy session, and once those names are out, the BJP leaders will not be able to show their face in public,” he added.