Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Rakbar Khan lynching: Gehlot govt not interested in case, claims prosecutor

Nasir Ali Naqvi, a senior lawyer appointed as the special public prosecutor in the Rakbar Khan lynching case on Tuesday claimed that the Rajasthan government was not interested in contesting the case.

Naqvi said in a letter to the Alwar superintendent of police that his fee and conveyance bills have been pending for a long time, reported Indian Express. The lawyer said that he was not paid his fee despite repeated requests.

Rakbar Khan, a resident of Haryana, was attacked by a Hindu mob in Rajasthan in 2018. He died of his injuries while in police custody. Mohan Singh, a police officer, had at the time admitted that there had been a delay in taking Khan to hospital. He was suspended and three other personnel were transferred.

Naqvi claimed that the prosecution’s arguments in the trial have concluded and that the case is now at its fag end. It would not be possible for him to travel to Alwar to pursue his pending bills once the case is over, he said.

“I also reveal that the government is not interested to contest the case…In such eventuality, I am not able to appear in the case in future,” read the letter.

The Rajasthan government did not appoint any responsible officer to remain in contact with him in connection with the case, the lawyer said to Scroll.

spot_img

Don't Miss

Related Articles