At least 109 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza so far since a week-long truce expired and the war resumed, Palestine’s health ministry said in a statement on Friday.
Hundreds of people have been wounded and many remain under the rubble.
In a statement, the Israel army said that its ground, air and naval forces struck targets in both the north and south of the Gaza Strip, including in the southern cities of Khan Younis and Rafah.
Israel also dropped leaflets telling people in parts of already bombarded southern Gaza to evacuate, signalling an expanding offensive.
Meanwhile, Ashraf al-Qudra, spokesperson for the Ministry of Health in Gaza, has appealed to “every living conscience” to allow the opening of the Rafah crossing amid an “extremely catastrophic” humanitarian crisis.
“The medical aid that entered Gaza during the truce is only enough for one day,” al-Qudra said in a statement. “The health sector in Gaza is out of service in every sense of the word,” he said.
Only three hospitals are functioning in Gaza which are not equipped to receive a large number of patients, he added.
An investigation by 972 Magazine reveals that Israel’s military is using AI to generate bombing targets in Gaza at an unprecedented rate, powering a “mass assassination factory”.