Israel kills 3 Palestinians in 24 hours, man standing on roof of his home among killed

One of Sameer Aslan’s eight children watches his father being taken to his final resting place after being murdered by israeli troops in Qalandia.

Israeli army killed three Palestinians on Thursday as deadly attacks in the occupied territories continue.

Habib Kamil, 25, and Abdulhadi Nazal, 18, were shot dead by live fire from Israeli troops during a raid in the town of Qabatiya. Sameer Aslan, 41, was killed after he was shot in the chest in the Qalandiya refugee camp.

Aslan, a father of eight, was shot by an Israeli sniper while standing with other family members on the roof of their home watching the raid, Al Jazeera reported.

He was killed about 10 minutes after his 17-year-old son, Ramzi, was arrested by the Israeli army from their home.

“The whole family went up to the roof to see what was happening when they heard loud screams and that one of their other sons was injured. Sameer, his wife, three of the daughters and several of the sons were on the roof when an Israeli sniper fired at the family and shot Sameer directly in the chest,” Zakariya Fayyaleh, an official with the Palestinian Authority, which runs the camp, told Al Jazeera.

“His sons carried him down and tried to take him to the hospital. A large army force stopped them and put Sameer down on the ground. They left him bleeding on the ground for a while before they let us take him again – he passed away upon arrival at the hospital,” Fayyaleh added.

Israeli forces arrested at least 18 people from the camp during the raid, according to Fayyaleh and the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS).

Aslan is the seventh Palestinian to be killed by the Israeli army since the start of 2023, including three children.

Aslan is also the third Palestinian killed in less than 24 hours.

On Wednesday evening, Israel killed 18-year-old Sanad Samamreh in the southern occupied West Bank city of Hebron. Earlier that day, the army shot dead 21-year-old Ahmad Abu Junaid during a raid on the Balata refugee camp in the northern West Bank city of Nablus.